[N8VEM: 16304] Disk IO v3 - hot FDC9266
opticpow
2013-10-20 04:39:08 UTC
Hi All,

I have recently built the DIOv3 and I have it working with a 3.5" floppy &
IDE Zip100 disk without issue. I've noticed that FDC9266 gets quite hot to
the touch and I'm concerned that it is not normal. I also think that it is
worse when I have both the IDE & floppy plugged in, but that maybe just my
low tech temp readings using my finger!!

Since both drives are working, I'm not real sure where to look for an issue
with this IC. I'm running just the SBCv2 & DIOv3 off the small back place
with no other boards, and the back plane is powered from an ATX powersupply
with the Green & Black wires shorted.

Thanks,

Wayne I.
oscarv
2013-10-22 11:41:28 UTC

It *may* be normal: the FDC9266 on my Zeta also gets much hotter than the
rest of the board. To the point of being too hot to put your finger on it
for more than a few seconds. But has run reliably for the last two years or
so.

Regards,

Oscar.
opticpow
Sergey
2013-11-15 19:55:56 UTC
Just to second Oscar. It is normal, FDC9266 is running a bit hotter than