[N8VEM: 17000] ...und läuft [...it works]
Harald Rau
2014-01-04 19:27:08 UTC
...my z80 runs. I connect him with "Hyper Terminal" on my old ME machine.
I'm very happy about the success of my project. That would not be possible
without your help, Thank You for all!

but for every answer there are an new question:

My Terminal give me at first sign like this: "Test Prototype Monitor Ready"

Then i must type "c"and <Enter> and then he load the OS with the massage:

"CP/M-80 VERSION 2.2C FOR THE TEST PROTOTYPE COMPUTER"

Is this O.K.?

Tomorrow i will connect the z80 with my LINUX-PC by picocom, i hope this is
successfully.

Have a nice weekend!

Harald!
oscarv
2014-01-04 22:30:18 UTC
Harald,

Wunderschön!
Post by Harald Rau
"CP/M-80 VERSION 2.2C FOR THE TEST PROTOTYPE COMPUTER"
Is this O.K.?
Totally!

But it does mean you're running on a somewhat older ROM. The newest RomWBW
is very much recommended. Especially if you're going for the $5 PPIDE with
CF card.

Regards,

Oscar.
Harald Rau
2014-01-05 18:47:09 UTC
Post by oscarv
is very much recommended. Especially if you're going for the $5 PPIDE with
CF card.
I bought the ROM and the Board in November, is the Image old? On my
Terminal i can't connect with 38400 baud, with 9600 baud i have a good
connection. In the attachment is the statistic for drive A: and F:!

Who can I by the newest RomWBW?

Greeting

Harald!
oscarv
2014-01-05 19:38:29 UTC
Harald,
On my Terminal i can't connect with 38400 baud, with 9600 baud i have a
good connection. In the attachment is the statistic for drive A: and F:!
Your ROM is not RomWBW but an older ROM version. It does not matter at all
as long as you use the N8VEM board on its own: CP/M is CP/M, kind of.

But RomWBW becomes really desirable if you add the PPIDE or other
peripherals, because it integrates these add-ons.
Benefits, mainly:
- support for many of the other ECB cards
- mass storage devices formatted under RomWBW can have a huge number of
partitions that you can switch in and out of view. Ie, you could have 200
different 8MB partitions on a Compact Flash card, and assign drive letters
to them on the fly.
- most important (for me at least): you can pop a RomWBW-formatted CF card
into your PC, mount it and copy files to/from it using cpmcbfs or cpmtools.
So a CF card on the PPIDE adapter becomes like a huge, superfast floppy
disk you can use to swap files between N8VEM and PC.

RomWBW can be downloaded from
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/49174399/RomWBW . I cooked up a drive
image full of CP/M software that you can find here (link<http://obsolescence.wix.com/obsolescence#!n8vemimage/c1v04>).
The 4th download button points to a disk image with the simh emulator if
you want a test drive before investing $5 into a PPIDE and $4 into a CF-IDE
adapter :)

Regards,

Oscar.
Harald Rau
2014-01-07 16:53:08 UTC
Hello Oscar,
Post by oscarv
The 4th download button points to a disk image with the simh emulator if
you want a test drive before investing $5 into a PPIDE and $4 into a CF-IDE
adapter :)
Where can I by the Board for the Mini-PPIDE [
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=MINI%20PPIDE]?

The Mini-PPIDE connect the N8VEM over P1 on the Board?

Thank's Harald!
oscarv
2014-01-07 19:50:26 UTC
Harald,
Post by Harald Rau
Where can I by the Board for the Mini-PPIDE [
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=MINI%20PPIDE
]?
Just like the N8VEM itself, via an email to Andrew - maybe check whether he
has them at the moment, then paypal.
Post by Harald Rau
The Mini-PPIDE connect the N8VEM over P1 on the Board?
Yes - works perfectly. It makes most sense to hook it up to a CF adapter
and CF card.

Regards,

Oscar.
Andrew Lynch
2014-01-06 00:33:36 UTC
Hi! Yes, that’s right! Excellent!

I would update that EPROM though. It is almost old enough to vote. J

I suggest the stand-alone SBC V2 version of the RomWBW

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch