[N8VEM: 17175] Zeta-2-ECB Prototypes Arrived - 3 Board Available
Andrew Bingham
2014-01-17 22:04:19 UTC
All,

The initial prototype batch of 5 Zeta-2-ECB boards has been delivered.
These boards attach above the Zeta board, relocating the Z80 and adding
bus buffer logic and a connector to allow the Zeta to be used as the CPU
board in a a multi-card ECB system. Photos of the prototypes are
at http://imgur.com/a/XPKW2#0 and uploaded to the Wiki. I'm happy with the
quality of the Seeedstudio PCBs and the speed at which they were delivered.

I'll be updating the wiki page with a BOM in the next day or two, including
the mounting hardware needed to standoff the board from the Zeta. There
are three items that may interfere with this - the oscillator cans, J1, and
the capacitor in the foreground. It's not clear if it will actually be an
issue with the thickness of the DIL40 on the bottom of the board + the
existing connector on the top of the Zeta - we will see, I'll break out the
drawings for the various parts and make a sketch.

I'm sending 1 board to Sergey since it was his design/layout and using 1 in
my own build, so there are 3 boards available. Fabio Battaglia asked about
1 board so I'm going to keep a tentative preorder for him until he has a
chance to see this. These are prototypes that have not yet been tested so
I can't guarantee the design, some modifications may be needed to get it to
work, etc. Cost for these will be $12 + $3 shipping in the US or $12.75
shipping internationally, bare basic USPS first class postage with no
tracking or insurance.

Thanks,

Andrew B
Fabio Battaglia
2014-01-17 22:15:30 UTC
Post by Andrew Bingham
I'm sending 1 board to Sergey since it was his design/layout and using
1 in my own build, so there are 3 boards available. Fabio Battaglia
asked about 1 board so I'm going to keep a tentative preorder for him
until he has a chance to see this. These are prototypes that have not
yet been tested so I can't guarantee the design, some modifications
may be needed to get it to work, etc. Cost for these will be $12 + $3
shipping in the US or $12.75 shipping internationally, bare basic USPS
first class postage with no tracking or insurance.
Thanks,
Andrew B
Nice, I'm still interested! In fact, I've started building my Zeta just
today. I'm missing some 40 pin precision sockets, but those should get
here by next week, or I'll find them tomorrow in the morning at a
computer fair, if i have some luck. Also, I need to place an order for
components soon, so I'd be happy to add the components needed for this
board.
The only problem is that it'll take a month to get here: customs are
hell in Italy, so I'll probably be the last one to test this...

Can you send me your paypal address for payment? If it is not a problem
for you, I'll pay tomorrow in the afternoon (IT time): now I'm not at
home and access to paypal is blocked.

Thanks,
Fabio
Andrew Lynch
2014-01-18 17:45:55 UTC
Thanks Andrew, Sergey, John, and all the builders for making this board a reality.

I think it will be of great help to the N8VEM builders and in the future.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch