[N8VEM: 20039] Re: N8-2312
Wayne Warthen
2015-08-23 23:06:21 UTC
Yes, the ECB connector on the N8 should allow for expansion. No the
ParPortProp would not work with an ECB interface, but the PropIO V2 is
essentially the same thing as a ParPortProp with an ECB interface. I don't
know of anyone that has tried adding it to an N8, but it should work in
theory.

Yes, the N8 does have a dedicated SD Card port.

--Wayne
Yeah, I saw that the N8 was only 40-col. Back in the early 80s, I worked
for Lobo Systems. Our little computer, the Max-80, used a Hitachi HD46505R
chip, that gave very good-quality 80-col composite signal (for the time).
At the time, as most composite video outputs were 40-col.
The Zeta2 doesn't seem to have much expansion capability, but presumably,
the Eurocard connector on the N8 would allow for an 80-col video board,
maybe even VGA. I assume that the ParPortProp won't work on the N8, or
you'd have mentioned it.
If I'm not mistaken, the N8 also has an SD card, does it not?
Jeff
Max Scane
2015-08-24 10:59:08 UTC
Another option to consider is the Mark IV combined with the Prop IO V2 and
a back-plane.

With that combination you get and SD card, Compact Flash (8 bit I/O) and an
80x25 VGA interface. There is also a ECB for expansion as well.

Cheers!

Max
J. Kerner