[N8VEM: 19871] Grant Searle's multicomputer revisited: wrapping it up
RHKoolaap
2015-07-15 18:57:34 UTC
Hi all,
Those of you who have been looking at my ROM code probably still need
counselling :-)
it is an unbelievable kludge and I really needed to do something about it.
I rewrote most of it using a singular input routine with basic editing
(like backspace!)
Also I have been missing tools for memory dump and editing, which are now
included. ( D and C command )
These are rather basic tools, more like DUTIL than like DDT, as they are
intended to check or change systems loaded from disk.

All the original commands are still available and provide the same service.
The look did not change much.
The code resets the MMU to page 0, so resets from higher code don't leave
the machine in an undetermined state.
I included 2 ways of communicating console and boot-volume to the loaded
program. The Grant Searle classic PUSH and POP and by use of alternate
registers (B'=Bootvolume C'=Console) The last way makes more sense when you
load in stages where the stackpointer tends to move around a lot.
It still fits in a 2kB ROM segment.

here is the code (.ASM and .HEX) You probably know what to do with it. I
assemble with PASMO, which is pretty basic. You should not have trouble
working it.
http://www.filedropper.com/filemanager/public.php?service=files&t=2700546a13efe27d5b472dc65141abdf

RHK
Kip Koon
2015-07-15 19:27:07 UTC
Hi RHKoolaap,

Thanks for the update to the rom code. In order to assemble it, you said you use PASMO. What is PASMO?

Kip Koon

***@sc.rr.com

[...]

http://www.filedropper.com/filemanager/public.php?service=files <http://www.filedropper.com/filemanager/public.php?service=files&t=2700546a13efe27d5b472dc65141abdf> &t=2700546a13efe27d5b472dc65141abdf

RHK
RHKoolaap
2015-07-15 19:52:29 UTC
Hi, Kip

just some z80 cross assembler , you can find here:
http://pasmo.speccy.org/

But you don't need it, you can probably use any old z80 assembler, maybe
with some adaptations.
for instance when you use tasm, you need to precede all the pseudo codes
with a dot, DS becomes *.*DS, ORG becomes *.*ORG
I suggest you just run it through your assembler of choice and it will
complain where it does not understand. It's plain Z80 code, no macros or
defines

besides, I included the .HEX file, so you can pop that into your FPGA
build. Either rename it or change the name in the Z80_CMON_ROM.vhd file:
init_file => "../../ROMS/Z80/*CMON30.HEX*",
have fun, RHK
RHKoolaap
2015-07-16 05:58:40 UTC
I somehow managed to upload the wrong fileset. Sorry about that... This is
the right one
http://www.filedropper.com/filemanager/public.php?service=files&t=1b914c1855fb00593ba40fa48e2591fb
the previous one has been deleted. The routine 'escape' was in error.

Apologies, RHK