[N8VEM: 19174] Compact Flash alternative
Max Scane
2015-01-01 01:56:59 UTC
Hi guys,

Whilst looking through e-bay a few weeks back I stumbled on these devices:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/disk-on-module

These Disk-On-Modules are industrial flash drives with a 40 pin IDE style
interface. There are others such as 44 pin and SATA but the PATA ones are
of interest.

They appear to support the Compact Flash feature set and work in 8 and 16
bit mode.

The advantage of these is that you don't need a CF adapter as they will
plug directly into the 40 pin socket.

I'm testing some Transcend 128 MB DOMs and so far I have tested them in the
N8, PPIDE, Disk IO V3, and Mark IV with good results.

I have't tried the 68K or the SBC-188 as yet.

With the availability of CF decreasing these might be a good option to look
at.

Thought I would let you know.

Cheers!

Max

Disclaimer: I do not have any relationship with any of the sellers. I'm
just a happy customer...
Edward Snider