[N8VEM: 18496] CP/M 68k software
Borut
2014-07-31 07:53:08 UTC
Hi guys!

I am finding that the amount of software for CP/M 68k besides what is on
distribution disks is very small.
There are gkermit and emacs available on net. Some small utilities and a
8080 simulator. That's all i found.
If anyone has anything else, please post a link, or maybe we could put it
in a directory on N8VEM site under
ECB mini-M68000

Best regards,

Bo/
Alan Cox
2014-07-31 09:48:12 UTC
Post by Borut
If anyone has anything else, please p
CP/M 68K was never a big success like the 8bit version. GEMDOS OS/9 68K etc
all got the apps. I guess running GEMDOS ought to be feasible, or even
Minix 1.x or ucLinux.

Alan
Borut
2014-07-31 16:05:32 UTC
Alan,

I know CP/M 68k never was popular, but it doesn't require much resources
to run,
John ported it to N8VEM mini68000 board.
I have an old MVME110 board which can handle max 192kB ram.
I am in process of porting CP/M 68k to it because that's what i belive will
work,
considering that minimum ram requirement is 128kB.
It would be nice if it could run something else besides bare OS and its
utils.
On the other hand, what are minimum requirements for GEMDOS? I know it ran
on Atari STs
but they had at least 512k ram.

Best regards,
Bo/
Alan Cox
2014-07-31 16:11:00 UTC
Post by Borut
but they had at least 512k ram.
The Atari was running with bitmap graphics and GEM desktop. GEMDOS itself
is quite small - more of a question is the app sizes I imagine. GEMDOS gets
you stuff like C compilers and libraries though.