[N8VEM: 19252] Multicomp on the DE2-70. 95% Success (help needed)
Marcelo Dantas
2015-01-24 03:56:07 UTC
Hi Everyone,

I have been able to successfully load the Multicomp implementation into the
Altera DE2-70 board.
All seems to be working fine, but when I boot CP/M is gets in a scrolling
loop showing a "K>" (drive K) prompt.
I have double triple checked the connections and code, on two different
implementations, following Mr. Searle's instruction to the best of my
knowledge, but the behavior is always the same.
Maybe someone saw this before? Maybe it is something simple I forgot to
check?
I will keep researching on it, but any ideas are mostly welcome.

Cheers,
Marcelo.
Max Scane
2015-01-25 00:25:15 UTC
Taking a quick guess I would suggest that you check your implementation of system RAM as well as the implementation of ROM.

It looks like CP/M is getting loaded but it is not executing correctly. Make sure the ROM can be disabled and RAM is not overlapped or has holes.

Cheers!

Max

Sent from my iPad
Marcelo Dantas
2015-01-25 22:46:23 UTC
Hi Max,

You were 100% right.
I have found a type on the VHD code which was preventing the ROM from
switching out, so now I am able to load CP/M correctly.
Awesome!!!

Thanks a lot,
Marcelo.