[N8VEM: 17552] RE: 6x0x prototype board possile ECB Timing issue
Andrew Lynch
2014-03-11 00:07:08 UTC
Hi

Unless I missed something I don't think this issue was ever properly vetted.

Does anyone have an answer or understand what is happening with the 6x0x ECB
interface?

There may be a problem with the logic or a timing issue. The ECB interface
has always been the trickiest part.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

2014-03-11 03:06:44 UTC
I sent a timing diagram out, and John confirmed that it looked correct to
him. However I still do not have the Disk IO V3 floppy controller talking
to the 6x0x board. I am continuing to troubleshoot -- in the end I am
sure it will be something stupid simple J

Dan

Borut Korosin
2014-03-11 07:08:27 UTC
Dan,

Could you please make another timing diagram, this time including E, Q and
R/W at the processor if you have 6809.
If you are using 6502, please include PHI0, PHI1, PHI2 and R/W.
I think we have to compare timings at the peripheral with the processors.

lp, Bo/
2014-03-11 19:28:36 UTC
Dan,

I was going to ask about /M1, but you have the chip selects correct, so
that signal must be okay. (High during /IORQ).

Have you been able to access any other peripheral on the ECB bus? There
is an 8255 on the DiskIO v3. Can you read & write the Control Register
of the 8255?

Other boards with registers you can write to and then read back: (off
the top of my head:)

MF/PIC -- register 7 of the Uart is a pure scratch register.
4MEM -- any of the mapping registers can be written and read back.
Color VDU -- parallel port

--John